MUMBAI - Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir alias Kasab Monday confessed to his role in carrying out the Nov 26, 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai.
He has also confessed before Special Judge M.L. Tahilyani that he is a Pakistani national and recounted the entire journey from Karachi to Mumbai to carry out the terror attacks.
May 6th, 2009 Mumbai attack suspect pleads not guiltyMUMBAI, India — The only surviving suspected gunman in last year's terrorist attacks in Mumbai pleaded not guilty Wednesday to all charges against him, including waging war against India and murder. Prosecutors told the court that Mohammed Ajmal Kasab was one of 10 attackers responsible for killing 166 people and wounding 234 more during the three-day siege of India's financial capital last November.Kasab wants someone to tie him a rakhi
August 5th, 2009 MUMBAI - Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab - accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks - expressed a desire for somebody to tie him a 'rakhi' on the occasion of the Indian festival of Raksha Bandhan Wednesday, his lawyer said. "He expressed his desire after he saw several people in court sporting colourful 'rakhis' during the day's proceedings," his government-appointed lawyer S.G.Kasab confesses to his role in 26/11 terror attacks
July 20th, 2009 MUMBAI - In a dramatic twist in the ongoing 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial, Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir alias Kasab Monday confessed to his role in carrying out the Mumbai terror attacks which left 180 persons dead and over 300 injured. "This is a victory of truth and the confession came all of a sudden in the special court," said special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.'Hang me, please', Kasab tells court
July 22nd, 2009 MUMBAI - "Hang me, please," terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab pleaded before the special court Wednesday, two days after the lone surviving Mumbai attacker admitted he was a Pakistani and narrated the chilling details of the events that led to the killing spree leaving over 170 people dead in the terror assault in November last year. Kasab's plea came in the midst of submission of his confession put forth by Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam in the court.Court orders medical tests to determine defendant's age in Mumbai attacks
April 24th, 2009 Age tests ordered for suspect in Mumbai attacksMUMBAI, India — An Indian court on Friday ordered the only surviving suspected gunman in the Mumbai attacks to undergo medical tests to determine his age after he claimed to have been a minor at the time of the assault, which would allow him to escape the death penalty. Judge M.L. Tahiliyani said a radiologist and a forensic dentist would examine Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, a Pakistani who has been charged with murder and waging war against India.Court defers decision on accepting Mumbai attack gunman's surprise confession
July 21st, 2009 Mumbai gunman's confession in limboMUMBAI, India — An Indian court has deferred a decision on whether to accept a surprise confession by the lone surviving gunman in last year's Mumbai attacks. Pakistani Ajmal Kasab suddenly announced in court Monday that he wants to plead guilty to the November attack by 10 gunmen that left 166 people dead.Kasabs confession accepted on record by court
July 23rd, 2009 MUMBAI - A special court in Mumbai hearing the Mumbai terror attack case Thursday accepted on record the "confession" made by Mohammed Ajmal Amir alias Kasab, the lone gunman captured alive during the November 2008 carnage. Special Judge M.L.'Hang me', says Kasab after making surprise guilty plea
July 22nd, 2009 MUMBAI - "Hang me, please," Ajmal Amir Kasab pleaded before the special court here Wednesday, two days after he made a dramatic confession and gave a chilling blow-by-blow account of his part in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in which over 170 people were killed. It was yet another day of drama in the courtroom of Special Judge M.L.