NJ man heads back to Brazil as supreme court considers his quest for custody of 9-year-old son

NJ man heads back to Brazil in custody battle

TRENTON, N.J. — A New Jersey man is heading back to Brazil to hear that country’s Supreme Court consider his request to get custody of his son.

The case is scheduled to be discussed at a court session Wednesday.

The court is reviewing a decision last week that ordered 9-year-old Sean Goldman returned to his father, David Goldman.

The Tinton Falls man has been trying to get his son back for years. His ex-wife, Bruna Bianchi, took the boy to her native Brazil in 2004. She remarried there and died last year after giving birth to another child.

Goldman says Bianchi kidnapped his son. But the family of Bianchi’s new husband says the child is better off staying with him.

President Barack Obama has asked Brazil to return the boy to his father.

Related?

Leave a Reply


Protected by Comment Guard Pro